Rules and Garden Etiquette
1. All setup and cleanup times are to be included in the times you reserve the facilities. Please do not have items delivered before your scheduled rental time, i.e. food, table decorations, etc.
2. All Garden areas rented must be cleaned up and personal property removed by the end of the rental time. In addition, all equipment brought in or rented items must be removed by the end of the rental time. (This does not apply to equipment contained in Wedding Package rentals that has been set up and will be taken down by Ace Hardware).
3. Smoking and the use of tobacco, nicotine products and vaporizers is not allowed within the Gardens. The damage deposit will be forfeited if the rental party and/or their guests do not abide by the no-smoking regulations.
4. Groups hiring caterers or providing their own food will be responsible for cleaning all areas utilized, removal of tablecloths and personal property, and assuring that the premises are in the same condition as when the group took responsibility for the premises. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. All Central Gardens’ tables and chairs must be wiped off and clean. Chairs must be
placed neatly around tables.
b. Trash will be placed in heavy duty garbage bags supplied by Central Gardens and deposited in
the dumpster near the southeast gate behind the Mother Earth Workshop (MEWS) building.
c. Counters must be wiped off and floors must be vacuumed or swept if needed.
5. Private caterers share in the responsibility for the use of the premises. Caterers shall be governed by the “Caterers’ Guidelines.” Please refer to VII on page 3.
6. Table linens are not available through Central Gardens but may be obtained through area rental businesses or caterers.
7. It is assumed that all utilities function properly at all times. If there is damage after the event, the repairs are the responsibility of the renter.
8. No alterations to any garden structures are allowed. The use of nails, screws, tape, tacks or the like to fasten decorations or other materials to structures, fencing, retaining walls, sculptures, ponds or other features is strictly prohibited. No structures may be placed in the garden including signs, banners or any other objects without prior approval. Glitter, rice, birdseed, confetti and the like cannot be used as table-top decorations and/or for throwing. Balloons may only be used as table decorations and are not to be released.
9. Lighting of Unity candles is permitted outdoors during a wedding ceremony. Fireworks of any
kind, including sparklers or snake fireworks, are prohibited. No other use of lighted candles inside
the Nature Education Pavilion is allowed. Battery-operated candles are permitted. Failure to
follow these regulations will result in forfeiture of the damage deposit.
10. Children and other members of the rental party and/or their guests must stay on the brick paths, stay out of the planted garden areas and out of the water features. Grassy areas may be used by all visitors in the Gardens.
11. When renting the Pavilion building, a representative of Central Gardens will lock and unlock the
building and provide contact information where s/he can be reached in case of an emergency.
12. All events held in the Gardens are restricted to Lawns, MoonGate, NEP and Terrace areas. Walkways cannot be blocked. The South entrance plaza cannot be rented at anytime or used by wedding parties, except for photographs. The plaza is always open for visitors.
13. No vehicle traffic is allowed on pathways, bridges, courtyard areas or any areas within the Garden except by special permission.
14. All evening events must conclude by sunset.
15. The storage of any personal equipment or other accessory items is not permitted. Central Gardens
is not responsible for any equipment or other items left at Central Gardens at any time.
16. Street parking for approximately 72 cars is available surrounding the site with additional parking
available on adjacent streets.
17. Central Gardens cannot guarantee the condition of outdoor planting areas. Many circumstances
are beyond our control, including weather conditions, diseases or other incidents that may
occur. Central Gardens makes every effort to maintain a high-quality garden experience.
18. Central Gardens is often times undergoing maintenance and construction. Construction
equipment may be visible to your guests. Please avoid areas under construction.
19. Central Gardens is open to the public at all times. Complete privacy within the Gardens for
private events cannot be guaranteed.
20. Rental party guests are welcome to walk and enjoy the outdoor gardens during your event.
21. Photos may be taken in the garden during your rental times. There is NO charge to
22. Pets are not allowed in Central Gardens. Service animals are allowed under Federal regulations.
23. No bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, or other wheeled toys or motorized equipment are allowed
in the Gardens unless special permission has been given. Motorized wheelchairs are permissible.
24. No refunds of rental deposits or payments will be made to the renter for cancellation of the event
due to inclement weather conditions occurring on the day of the event.
25. In case of emergency please call the Clear Lake Police Department at (641) 357-2186 or 911.