Rules and Garden Etiquette
1. All setup and cleanup times are to be included in the times you reserve the facilities. Please do not have items delivered before your scheduled rental time, i.e. floral displays, table decorations, etc.
2. All Garden areas rented must be cleaned up by the end of your rental time.
3. You are responsible for renting tables and chairs for the outdoor areas. Tents, tables and chairs are to be assembled and removed promptly during the rental time period—no exceptions. Please allow and plan your time accordingly. If using the Event package Friday thru Sunday Ace Hardware will set up and take down.
4. All rented equipment or equipment brought in must be removed immediately following the event (including sound systems). Sound systems must be approved in advance and all city ordinances must be observed.
5. If you rent the facilities and wish to offer food/beverages please refer to VII on page 4.
6. Groups having caterers or providing their own food or Potluck will be responsible for cleaning all areas utilized, removal of table cloths and personal equipment, and assuring that the premises are in the same good condition as when the group took responsibility for the premises. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. All Central Gardens’ tables and chairs must be wiped off and clean. Chairs must be
placed neatly around tables.
b. Place all trash in heavy duty garbage bags supplied by Central Gardens and deposit them in
the dumpster near the southeast gate.
c. All bottles, cans and cardboard (including flower boxes) must be removed by you from the premises.
7. Private caterers share in the responsibility for the use of the premises. Caterers shall be governed by the “Caterers’ Guidelines.” Please refer to VII on page 4.
8. Table linens are not available through Central Gardens but may be obtained through area rental businesses or caterers.
9. It is assumed that all utilities function properly at all times. If there is damage after your event, the repairs are your responsibility.
10. No alterations to any garden structures are allowed. The use of nails, screws, tape, tacks or the like to fasten decorations or other materials to the walls, fence, retaining walls, sculptures, ponds or other features is strictly prohibited. No structures may be placed in the garden including signs, banners or any other objects without prior approval. Glitter, rice, birdseed, confetti and the like cannot be used as table top decorations or for throwing. Balloons may only be used as table decorations and are not to be released.
11. Smoking, cigarettes or E smoking is not allowed anywhere within the Gardens. Damage Deposit will be forfeited if smoking rule is not enforced.
12. Candles are allowed only if the flames are enclosed in a glass bowl, hurricane lamp or the like unless other alternatives have been approved. Unity candles are permitted during your ceremony. If these guidelines are not met, your deposit will be forfeited.
13. Children and attendees must stay on the brick paths and out of the water features.
14. When renting the Pavilion a board member or volunteer will unlock and unlock the Pavilion and provide a cell phone number where they can be reached in case of an emergency.
15. All events held in the Garden are restricted to Lawns, MoonGate, NEP and Terrace areas. Walkways cannot be blocked. The South entrance plaza cannot be rented at anytime or used by wedding parties, except for photographs. The plaza is always open for visitors.
16. No foot traffic is permitted in planting areas.
17. No vehicle traffic is allowed on pathways, bridges, courtyard areas or any areas within the Garden, except by special permission.
18. All evening events must conclude by sundown.
19. The storage of any equipment or other accessory items belonging to you is not permitted. Central Gardens is not responsible for any equipment or other items left at Central Gardens at any time.
20. Parking: Street parking for approximately 72 cars is available surrounding the site with additional parking available on adjacent streets.
21. Central Gardens cannot guarantee the condition of outdoor planting areas. Many circumstances are beyond our control including weather-related, diseases or other incidents that may occur. Central Gardens makes every effort to maintain a high quality garden experience.
22. You should be aware that the Garden is often undergoing maintenance and construction. Construction equipment may be visible to your guests. Please avoid areas under construction.
23. You should be aware that the Garden is open to the public at all times. Complete privacy within the Gardens for private events cannot be guaranteed.
24. Your guests are welcome to walk and enjoy the outdoor gardens during your event.
25. Photos may be taken in the garden during your rental times. There is NO charge to photographers.
26. No Pets are allowed in Central Gardens. Seeing eye dogs on leashes are allowed on the grounds.
27. No Bicycles, Rollerblades, Scooters, or other wheeled toys or motorized equipment are allowed in the Gardens unless special permission has been given. Motorized wheelchairs are permissible.
28. The South entrance plaza cannot be rented at anytime or used by wedding parties, except for photographs. The South plaza is always open for visitors.
29. In case of emergency call Clear Lake Police Department at (641) 357-2186 or 911.